Full course description
Summer 2021 Computer Science and Arts for All- Jr. Hybrid Camp Application
For rising 5th - 7th graders
June14th – 18th
CSA4ALL-JR program is a combination of an online and an on-campus project where students will learn about the basics of robotics, programming, and music composition. We have experts in Computer Science and Music fields working on maximizing the efficiency and quality of the materials. The main steps of the curriculum are:
(1) Introducing students to CS concepts and skills using Scratch music-related games.
(2) Introducing students to music-based storytelling using existing videos to teach melody, rhythm patterns.
(3) Teaching basics of music programming using EarSketch.
(4) Teaching students how to compose specific rhythm patterns and melody patterns using EarSketch.
(5) Introducing social robots and the features of Lego Ev3 robots.
(6) Teaching how to synchronize their social robots with their musical composition.
(7) Providing an opportunity for student presentations in a dancing robot competition.
Sessions will be led by Computer Science and Software Engineering graduate students and Dr. Daniela Marghitu live on AU campus and virtual via ZOOM. If you have any questions, please email Dr. Daniela Marghitu at firstname.lastname@example.org